Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Nostalgia.

A few months ago June had been pretty grumpy and I was running out of ideas to keep her occupied. I tied an apron on her and told her I needed her help to wash dishes. We did all of them together, and it took forever but she stuck with me. Soapy bubbles are magic for this girl. It warmed my heart. And not just because she looks so tiny in my apron but because I had seen this somewhere before.

My mother did the same thing with me. And I remember it. I remember feeling like I was SUCH a big help as I covered dishes in bubbles. The more the better, right? We would sing songs the entire time and to this day it's one of my favorite memories. We did it often but we only have one photo of it. I'm so grateful for this photo. It speaks so well to the reasons why I love photography so much. These little things in life will someday be the big things and I want to remember them all.


She may look like her Father but she still has a little of me in her.
And I love that.



No comments: