Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Just a Phase.




My blogging has been lacking and truthfully it's my fault. I have this problem with over filling my life with things and then running around like a crazy person trying to accomplish them all. People often tell me that they're impressed with all the things I juggle but the truth is, I don't. In fact, I'm a terrible juggler. If you lived with me you'd see that my dishes aren't done, that there's laundry on the floor in almost every room and that we got take out for dinner at least 4 times this month already.

I go through this "transition phase," with every baby I think. It takes me quite awhile to admit that I have to cut some things out of my priorities list now that things are different. I'm pretty stubborn and even though I know it ahead of time, I still try to keep "doing it all," for months until I finally swallow my pride. I'm approaching that phase now.

Life with the littles is amazing and exhausting. Especially for one as particular as me. I hate that my kitchen/living room isn't straightened up when I go to bed. I hate that I haven't prepared a beautiful meal in months. I hate that I'm still barely running a 5k even 6 months after giving birth.

But you know what I love?

Listening to Owen tell me about his day.
Watching June "dance," with her princess figurines.
Snuggling up to Rand's squishy cheeks.
Seeing Tim's scooter come up the driveway.
The fact that I'm still kicking, even on 4 hours of sleep.
Oh, and cookies. Always room for cookies.

I may not be able to do it all, but I definitely feel like I have it all.



No comments: