Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Love & Marriage.

Normally Tim and I are pretty traditional. Since year one we've given each other the "traditional anniversary," themed gifts. It started getting old. We realized we were just gathering things we didn't really like or want just because it was "metal," or "linen," or what-have-you. The past few years we have really come to understand how low key we are and noticed that the things we loved best about our anniversaries was the time we had together, not the gifts. (Though some were pretty cool, I must say) Every anniversary that we've been on Saipan we've gone on a hike together before exchanging gifts and this year we decided that would be our tradition for anniversaries from now on. 

We chose an easy and quick hike but it was beautiful and solitary and we loved it.

In my mind my real life started the day I met my husband. It sounds nuts but I knew deep down I would marry him, even on our first meeting when I was young and stupid and he was dating someone else. Everything I am today I owe to him and my Savior. Before Tim my life, though good at times, was mainly rough and rocky. He taught me how to live again, how to love myself and how to rise to my potential. The day we were married I was so happy. I had visions of our happy life together and it looked amazing. I knew life with him would be amazing, but this---this is much, much more. 



I love you Tim. Much more than you'll ever know.


No comments: